10.25.2008

some thoughts on enemy love...

Hi friends,
I was reading through the second section of J4P and stumbled across the "Security Plan that Will Never Win an Election" - -

There's just so much in this book to discuss, so it's a little difficult to pinpoint a certain topic...but this one always catches my attention.
Jesus did not teach with the intention of letting people walk all over us, but His preaching did focus on "enemy love" with more of an imagination.

I struggle with this a great deal...when I imagine someone coming to hurt the ones that I love...how do I react? And how do I react as Jesus taught?

What are your thoughts on the 'turn the other cheek' mentality?
Would Jesus' politics really fly in our government today? Or is it more a personal choice? Or...is it only a personal choice?

It goes on to talk about Jesus' war on terror. The "pulling up the weeds with the wheat" can be more harmful than helpful.

How are we doing that today?
It is obvious with our (United States) bombs falling on our innocent brothers and sisters...but what about where you guys are living? How are we to love the weeds with the wheat in each of our society's forms of injustice?

(I found these around page 92 and on...)

Hope you all are well... :)

h&j

No comments: